76ers' Ben Simmons On NBA Debut: "Felt Like I Was Playing 2K"



Simmons sparkled in his NBA make a big appearance.

The 76ers 6'10 point forward, Ben Simmons, made his NBA make a big appearance the previous evening against the Washington Wizards in the wake of sitting out all of last season while recuperating from foot surgery to repair a Jones crack.

Simmons, who the 76ers chose with the #1 general pick in the 2016 NBA Draft, got the begin the previous evening and he satisfied the buildup completing with 18 focuses, 10 bounce back and five helps, also just a single turnover in his 35 minutes of activity.

After the amusement, he said it felt like he was playing NBA 2K out there.

Per ESPN,


"It felt like I was playing 2K, honestly," Simmons said postgame.

"Just looking at Joel Embiid out there with the lights on his jersey. I was like, 'man, I'm actually here.'"

"I was using my size and speed to my advantage, and I think I did a good job at that," he said. "I could have done it a few more times, maybe we would have won, but we're gonna get there. It would have been better if we got the win, but it's the first game. We have many more to go."


Simmons' partners additionally lauded his court mindfulness after the amusement and additionally the 21-year old's capacity to locate the open man experiencing significant change. After the group's 120-115 misfortune, Robert Convington said there's no one in the NBA that has the size, vision and capacity to make plays on the move like Simmons, with the exception of one LeBron James.

Per ESPN,

"That's where we see Ben doing a lot for us," Robert Covington said. "He's finding the open guys in different transition situations. He has great vision. And being 6-foot-11 ... there's nobody in the league that has that besides LeBron [James]. Guys like Ben, they're rare."




No comments

Powered by Blogger.